A Mold Investigation Can Identify If Your Building Has Mold That Could Cause A Variety Of Health Issues.
At Pacific West Building Consultants, you will receive the following professional service and more:
- Certified By The International Association Of Indoor Air Consultants
- Provide A Complete Detailed On-Site Visual Assessment Survey Of The Building
- Provide Air Sampling And Forward Samples To Be Tested At An Accredited Lab
- Provide A Detailed Narrative Report With Photos Along With Lab Results
- Fully Explain The Details Of The Report And Answer All Your Questions
- Provide You With Recommendations For Remedial Action If Needed
- Mold contamination can be a serious issue and Dave Brice at Pacific West Building Consultants can help you develop an understanding of how to restore your property to a safe and healthy condition.
Call (866) 966-8751
Mold Investigation & Air Testing
Recommendations And Laboratory Results
Mold…literally, a growing concern. National media attention has alerted the public to the destructive and possibly toxic dangers of hidden mold spores that could effect their family’s health and their homes. EPA studies indicate that air levels of indoor pollutants may be two to three times higher then outdoor levels. Mold, the most dangerous offender of all, often goes undetected because of its invisibility. Most people spend as much as 90% of their time indoors and are not aware of the health hazards created by this pollutant. You owe it to yourself to minimize your exposure to mold spores in the environment, test for mold today.
How Can Someone Be Exposed To Mold?
- Breathing in the spores from the air.
- Skin contact from handling an item that has mold growing on it.
- Eating without properly washing your hands after handling moldy objects.
Can Mold Cause Health Problems?
With exposure, even in small amounts, mold may cause:
- Itching or irritation of the nose, eyes, throat or skin.
- Mysterious skin rashes.
- Sinus infections or congestion/sinusitis (runny nose).
- Respiratory problems (sneezing and coughing).
- Upper or lower respiratory problems.
- Frequent headaches.
- Trouble concentrating, memory lapses, confusion.
- Mood swings, anxiety. depression.
- Chronic aches and pains.
- Digestive problems.
Where Is Mold Found In The Home?
Some examples of places where mold can be found inside the home include:
- Basements, kitchens (bottom of fridge area), around the bathroom vanities, toilet, washer/dryer area.
- The underside of carpet and pads.
- The surface of walls behind furniture (where condensation forms).
- Ceilings and the top side of ceiling tiles.
- Front and backside of dry wall board, wall paper or paneling.
- Inside HVAC systems and duct work.
How Can I Reduce Or Eliminate Mold Inside My Home?
- Repair any water leaks.
- Provide good air circulation.
- All HVAC systems should have a good electrostatic filter on the return.
- Use bathroom, kitchen and laundry room exhaust fans.
- Insulate and ventilate attic and crawl space areas.
- Clean, dry or remove items that are damaged by water immediately.
Real Estate Deals Do Not Need To Be Broken
Note: If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. If you clean the mold, but do not fix the water problem, the mold will grow back.
Our priority is to provide you with unsurpassed professional services. I take care of your best interest and dedicate myself to serving and representing only you with integrity, professionalism and honesty.
MONDAY TO FRIDAY: 6 AM TO 10 PM
SATURDAY: 6 AM TO 9 PM
SUNDAY: 12 NOON To 9 PM
© 2019 Pacific West Commercial Inspections. All Rights Reserved.